In the historic first ever Spinoff Gone By Lunchtime podcast since the arrival of LifeDirect as sponsor of the politics section, we discuss a range of important topical issues, before eventually making it to politics.
On the agenda:
• Bill English announcing a change in superannuation qualifying age a mere 23 years from now;
• the political management of that change;
• calls for an inquiry into abuse in state care;
• Jacinda Ardern's Mt Albert triumph and rise to Labour deputy, the departure of Annette King and the leadership of • Andrew Little (including that kaupapa Māori thing);
• whether the best thing to be in the Green Party today is an old bloke; and
• Are the stars aligning for a storming year for Winston Peters and NZ First?